Have Your Say
Imagine Lithgow 2040: Our Place Our Future
Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS)
Over the next 18 month period Council will be developing a Local Strategic Planning Statement which is a new requirement for all Council’s in NSW.
The Lithgow 2040 Local Strategic Planning Statement will set out:
- the 20 year vision for land use in the local area
- the special characteristics which contribute to local identity
- shared community values to be maintained and enhanced
- how growth and change will be managed into the future
The statement will assist to implement actions in the Central West and Orana Regional Plan 2036 and Council’s own priorities within the Lithgow Community Strategic Plan 2030.
The statement will shape how the development controls in the Lithgow Local Environmental Plan (LEP) evolve over time to meet the community’s needs, with the LEP being the main tool to deliver Council’s and the community’s plans for the future.
The relationship of these important documents is shown below:
Please have your say
In preparing the Local Strategic Planning Statement Council brought together what it has heard from the community through past consultation and developed a short survey to check back to make sure we have heard you correctly and if there is anything we have missed.
The first stage of this process was to seek feedback on community values and key priorities.
- What do you value about the Lithgow Local Government Area and where you live?
- What should be retained and left unchanged?
- What needs to be improved?
- What are your key priorities to achieve your future vision of Lithgow in 2040?
The community feedback survey closed on 31 August and Council would like to thank everyone who took the time to participate in the survey. The results will be reported to Council in the near future and used to inform the next round of consultation.
LPS Target Timeline
For further information
To find out more contact Council’s Strategic Land Use Planner, Sherilyn Hanrahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02 63549999.
Keep checking back into this page which will be updated as we move through this process.