Message from the Mayor
Our place…Our future
I am pleased to present to you the Supplementary Combined Delivery Program 2017/18 – 2020/21 and Operational Plan 2019/20.
As the community would be aware in accordance with the January Extraordinary Council meeting resolution (Min. No. 19-03), Council has submitted an application to the NSW Independent Regulatory and Independent Pricing Tribunal (IPART) to maintain the current Special Rate Variation (SRV) + 2.7% rate peg + a one-off (permanent) 4.23% SRV. IPART will release the 2019/20 SRV determinations on 14 May 2019.
Although Council, has had to make the tough decision to apply for a Special Rate Variation to improve Council’s financial sustainability, fund infrastructure renewals and fund asset maintenance; Council has resolved that there will be no increases in 2019/20 to:
- Sewerage Charges;
- Residential Stormwater Levy;
- Waste Charges; or
- Water Charges.
The Draft Operational Plan 2019/20 has included income and the proposed expenditure program for the new SRV. Should IPART decline Council’s application, the Draft Operational Plan 2019/20 will need to be amended, with the proposed SRV income and expenditure to be removed.
The projected total SRV income (from maintaining the current SRV plus adding the new SRV) is estimated at $1.14 million for the 2019/20 year. The funds will be allocated as follows:
- $725,000 on Transport (sealed roads, unsealed roads, footpaths, cycleways, bridges and road drainage)
- $100,000 on stormwater drainage
- $250,000 on buildings
- $70,000 (approximately) on business improvement initiatives which will either generate additional revenue or reduce long-term costs.
Council proposes to complete works to the value of $21.172M in 2019/20. Key projects included in the draft Capital Works Program 2019/20 are:
- $3M – Lithgow Resource Recovery;
- $1.6M – Lithgow Sewerage Treatment Plant;
- $1.97M – Smart Water Meters (completion of project);
- $1.2M – Unsealed Roads Sealing; and
- $2.1M – Cullen Bullen Sewer Upgrade.
Cr Ray Thompson